AHEC's Health Careers Promotion and Preparation (HCPP) program
WHAT IS HCPP?
AHEC’s Health Careers Promotion and Preparation (HCPP) program explores and implements multiple interventions with students, especially at-risk students from underserved areas, and their intent to pursue health careers. You will be provided with accurate health career information and opportunities for career shadowing, mentoring and guidance from an AHEC coordinator, parent academies that include financial aid presentations and college tours, and the opportunity to attend a Health Careers Summer Camp. Students participating in the HCPP program are eligible to apply for financial awards and stipends sponsored by individual and community donors.
WHY SHOULD I PARTICIPATE?
- College Tours
- Learn about various health careers and how to staring planning to become a health professional
- Gain Experience through shadowing a health care professional
- Junior Health Educator Certification
- Active Leader Certification
- Community Service Projects
- Opportunity to attend Health Careers Summer Camp
- Eligible to apply for financial awards & stipends
- Fun and exciting, with opportunities to meet other students with the same interests
If you are interested in the HCPP program or another Health Careers activity, please contact Lucero Salinas or Isaac Mancillas (409) 933-0021, or via email at email@example.com.